Regardless of the size of business, one might already know the significance of well designed and effectively manufactured retail boxes. It is undoubtedly the aesthetics of packaging that grabs the initial attention of the customers. The physical packaging (if done aptly) can radically improve the experience of customers. Hence it could increase overall value of the product proposition.
However, it can be a little tricky task to organize, design and order custom retail boxes. A whole bunch of questions can arise in one’s mind. What type of packaging is available? How does printing get done? How are boxes designed? Following is a quick guide which will try to answer all these abovementioned questions in an adequate manner.
Types of Retail Packaging
In this section different kinds of retail packaging which are utilized for a wide range of purposes are discussed.
- Archive Boxes
When it comes to custom retail packaging the archive boxes are regarded as one of the most commonly used products. They are specially designed to equally satisfy the demands of both domestic and industrial users. These boxes are regarded as a superb solution for those who want to get organized by chucking out all the clutter. Archive boxes come in a variety of shapes and sizes. They can be modified, restyled and adjusted according to the particular requirements. No matter what you want to store and preserve, archive boxes are your answer.
- Book Boxes
Books are known as an invaluable asset. Even though e-books have significantly thrashed the sales of physical books’ sales, the habit of traditional book reading still prolongs. After all the idea of owing a collection of physical books is irrevocably attractive and exciting. However, the organization and maintenance of books can be an exhausting chore. That is where the books retail boxes wholesale come to rescue. These packages act as lifesavers for those who want a convenient way to store books without sacrificing much of space. Book boxes can be crafted in nearly all kinds of shapes and sizes. They are produced as per clientele’s given specifications.
- Business Card Boxes
Another popular form of retail boxes is the business card boxes. Generally they are utilized by the major businesspersons who keep their cards in a traditional way. It is an ideal product for those individuals who possess an extensive business cards collection. They aid a lot in arranging cards and consequently keeping their corners to fold and getting curled up. One can ensure the safety of their worthy contacts this way easily. As per the requirements of customers these packages come in countless design variations.
How Do Packages Get Printed?
After deciding the retail boxes wholesale type now is the time to ponder on how you want these boxes designed. There’re three main methods of printing which are briefly explicated below:
- Flexographic Printing – It is probably the most commonly utilized printing technique for boxes. It works well for large batches because of the working mechanism it uses.
- Digital Printing – This technique is best suited for those individuals who are looking forward to get done relatively smaller orders. The digital printing is around three to five times costlier as compared to the flexographic printing.
- Lithographic Printing – Amongst all printing methods, the quality this technique provides is far more superior. Its high resolution prints work quite like wallpapers. Naturally when the quality goes up, so does the cost.
Creating Custom Retail Boxes Design
Since there is a whole plethora of processes through which packages are designed, undermentioned are several general tips which will be helpful for those who want to effectively get through this phase.
- Choose Colors Carefully – It has been scientifically proven that colors have a huge impact on human psyche. So those who are planning to get custom designs for commercial purposes must keep this point in mind. The right color of packaging can be a decisive factor in the intensity of catching potential customers’ eyes.
- Look out for samples – Most of the manufacturers are more than willing to share their design catalogs. One can choose any of the sample designs and even make some amendments according to the stipulations if need be.
- Get a sample package printed – Never directly make the full-fledged order right after finalizing the custom retail packaging design. A lot of investment might be involved in it and nobody would like to watch it turn into dust. Therefore, it is highly recommended to get at least one sample package printed before making the final order. It will provide the real flavor and feeling of selected design.